Apologies for the lack of charts these recent months. I’d like to make out that extreme snowfall had rendered the BUCW lander inaccessible for fresh vinyl delivery, but the truth is I’ve been a little post lazy. But here we are back for 2012 with renewed vigour and plenty of tracks to talk about so here’s your starter for ten…
1. Todd Terje – Its The Arps EP (Smalltown Supersound/STS21912)
Total ARP2600 in the only way the crown prince of scando knows; jaunty, funky and balaeric in equal measure.
2. Ray Mang – Lock & Pop (Disco Deviance/DD23)
The welcome return of Sir Raymond Mang. He who brought us “Number One” back in ’96 and constant quality re-edit ever since.
3. Christophe El Truento – ELTRUENTO EP01 (Wonderful Noise/WN12021)
Six track EP of super heavyweight downbeat.
4. Homework – 1986 (Black Jukebox/Exploited/BJ02)
Midnight Star get the tuff up treatment.
5. Psychemagik – Dance Hall Days (White/DH001)
Independent official remix of Wang Chung’s 80′s classic.
6. Spirit Catcher – Special Dimension (Systomatic/SYST1003-6)
Belgian duo return with superb slo-mo vocodered interpretation of the Isley Brothers.
7. Omar S presents Aaron Siegel feat. L’Renee – Tonite (FXHE/FXHE AOL)
More fresh retro classic sound from Detroit.
8. Fudge Fingers – Mass X Remixes (Firecracker/FIREC008)
The beatless rave euphoria skit gets some seriously deep remix treatment.
9. Buzz Compass – Egyptian Nights (No More Hits/NMH016)
Can’t go wrong with the Jones Girls classic on this sixteenth release from Nichlolas’ label.
10. DJ Mitsu The Beats – Wait So Long (Jazzy Sport/JSV111)
Downbeat deliciousness from our favourite Japanese label, bonus Grooveman Spot on the flip!
Check out the clips…
Or touch down on the surface here.